Key Difference between Intel Core i5 and i7
- Corei5 processors use the DMI bus type, while Corei7 uses the QPI bus type.
- Core i5 Processor is dual-core or quad-core, whereas Core i7 processor is dual-core, quad-core, and hex-core processor architectures.
- Hyper-Threading is not possible in Core i5 processors, but it is possible in Core i7 processors.
- The clock speed of Core i5 is 1.2-3.6 GHz, while the clock speed of corei7 is 1.3-3.5 GHz.
- The cache size of Core i5 is 3MB-6MB. On the other hand, the cache size of Core i7 is 4MB-8MB.
- The battery of the Core i5 processor last for 14 hours and 45 but the battery of the Core i7 processor last for 10 hours and 49 minutes.
- i5 processors offer embedded options, but i7 processor does not offer an embedded option.
A core is a unit frequently known as the Central Processing Unit (CPU). It is responsible for executing computational tasks.
It is a part of a CPU that receives instructions and performs actions and do the calculations. Core in a Processor is a set of instructions that allows a software program to perform a specific task.
Core i5 is a mid-range processor developed and manufactured by Intel. It is dual-core or quad-core processors. You can use it on both desktop and laptop computers.
If you are playing solitaire, then you will not see much between Core i3 and Core i5 processors. However, If you are editing multiple files in Adobe Photoshop, you can see that Core i5 performs the same task faster compared to old generation processors.
Core i7 is a family of high-end performance x86 64-bit processors developed by Intel. It is designed for high-end desktops and laptops. It is the first processor generation using Nehalem Microarchitecture.
However, using Core i7 makes sense only for users who need to use high-resolution software like AAA video games, video editing, or want to render 3D objects.
Here are some important differences between Intel Core i5 and i7 processors:
|Core i5 CPU score is 13,179
|Core i7 CPU score of 13,995
|Released on January 2010 to April 2018.
|Released on September 2009 to April 2018.
|Video transcoding time of Core i5 CPU took 18 minutes and 28 seconds.
|The time of video transcoding is 17 minutes and 19 seconds.
|The clock speed of Core i5 is 1.2-3.6 GHz
|The clock speed of corei7 is 1.3-3.5 GHz.
|The battery of Core i5 processor last for 14 hours and 45 minutes.
|The Core i7 battery survived for 10 hours and 49 minutes, which is slightly better than i5 Processor.
|Core i5 Processor is dual-core or quad-core.
|Core i7 processor is dual-core, quad-core and hex-core processor architectures.
|Hyper-Threading is not possible in Core i5.
|Hyper-Threading is possible in Core i7.
|Offer mid-range graphics.
|It offers best in class graphics
|The cache size of Core i5 is 3MB-6MB.
|The cache size of Core i7 is 4MB-8MB.
|Numbers of 4 cores for desktop and 2 Core for Mobile.
|4 cores/6 core for desktop and 2 Core and 4 Cores for Mobile.
|It uses the DMI bus type.
|It uses the QPI bus type.
|Offers embedded options.
|Not offers an embedded option.
|Video transcode a 6.27GB, 12-minute-and-30-second 4K video to 1080p.
|The Core i7, did this in 17 minutes and 19 seconds, putting a 1:09 (6.2 percent) gap between them.
Here, are important features of Core i5 Processor:
- i5 processors offer an ability to work with integrated Memory, which helps to hence the performance of the applications.
- It increases the Memory speed up to 1333 MHz
- i5 processors have a rapid performance rate. So, it can perform at the maximum CPU rate of 3.6 GHz
- Turbo technology present in the i5 Processor helps you to boost up the working speed of the computational systems.
- I5 processer uses 64-bit architecture for the users for reliable working.
Here, are essential features of Core i7 Processor:
- Supports 64-bit execution
- Front Side bus Speed include 2GH
- High speed working with the multitasking feature
- i7 offers a feature of hyper-threading technology
- Support DDR3 main memory
Here, are pros/benefits of using i5 processors:
- It has a high-speed performing rate so that system are able to perform at the maximum CPU rate of 3.6 GHz
- Turbo technology is present in the device which helps you to boost up the working speed
- It offers 64-bit architecture to get reliable working.
Here, are pros/benefits of Core i7 Processor
- Very fast processing speed
- Offer highly reliable cooling system
- Four cores allow for handling software that requires lots of computations.
- Provide high data visualization to users that help them to get high-quality images and video graphics.
- The ideal Processor for gaming enthusiasts and digital artists
Here, cons/drawback of Cori i5 Processor
- Not support high data visualization technology for users to view high-quality images and video graphics.
- Power consumption of core-i7 is not better compared to the core-2 duo processor type.
- It demands newer motherboards.
- i5 Processor is sensitive to higher voltages.
Here, are cons/drawbacks of using i7 Processors
- Relatively costly Processor
- Power consumption is high compared to other processors.
- i7 processors work only with DDR3 Memory, which means that users upgrading from DDR2 will require to have a new motherboard.
- Not many software needed for multithreading, which means the average users do not get much performance gain.
- Core i5 line is ideal for the business user or home users who want to use a computer for office work or want to do regular gaming.
- However, If you want your system to be almost like a server with supercomputing power, then you must opt for the system with the i7 Processor.
NexGeneration complete end-2-end software testing & modern development operations tooling & solutions
Do you want to discuss your testing requirements with us? please don’t hesitate to hit the contact us button below, and we will get back to you at our earliest..